Last updated 13 February 2018
Your privacy and trust are important to us and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) provides important information about how Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited handles personal information. This Statement applies to our website, application, product, software, or service that links to it (collectively, our “Services”). Occasionally, a Service will link to a different Privacy Statement that will outline the particular privacy practices of that Service.
Please read this Statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices. It is important that you check back often for updates to this Statement. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Services and/or contact you using other methods such as email.
We collect personal information that is provided voluntarily by visitors to our web sites through the use of enquiry forms and every time you e-mail us your details, so that we can offer information and/or services to those individuals.
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited is committed to the responsible handling and protection of personal information.
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person.
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information when needed to provide our Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
The types of personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you, for example, if you request information, purchase or use our Services. We may ask you to provide information such as your name address, phone number and email address. Not all of the personal information Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited holds about you will always come directly from you. It may, for example, come from your employer, other organizations to which you belong, or a professional service provider such as your tax or accounting professional or lawyers, if they use our Services. We also collect personal information from third parties such as our clients, 3rd party service providers, and publicly available websites, to offer Services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
In addition, systems automatically collect certain information to help us administer, protect, and improve our Services; analyze usage; and improve users’ experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this Statement, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited only collects “sensitive” personal information when it is volunteered or permitted by law or professional standards. Sensitive personal information is a subset of personal information and is generally defined as any information related to racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, and other medical information including biometric and genetic data, or sexual life or preferences. In some instances, sensitive personal information may also include criminal allegations or convictions, precise geolocation information, financial and bank account numbers, or unique identifiers such as government-issued national insurance numbers, driver’s license, and passport numbers.
For example, purchase our Services, we will collect payment information, such as financial or bank card information, and other information necessary for us to process the transaction. Information that is considered sensitive under applicable law will be handled in accordance with such laws.
How we use personal information
We process personal information for these Service- and business-related purposes
- General Business communications: We use personal information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number to verify your identity, and send important service information.
- Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to the services.
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
When we share personal information
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymised, and statistical data with third parties. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
- Within Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited personal information will be made available to personnel if necessary for the provision of Services, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information.
- Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as advertising; data analytics; and consulting fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us and in compliant with GDPR.
- Legal reasons: to comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; in the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and to protect our rights, users, systems, and services
Where we store and process personal information
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited is a global organisation but your personal information will be stored and processed in your home country. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this Privacy Statement in compliance with GDPR and the requirements of applicable laws wherever the data is located.
When we transfer personal information from the EU to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. In other words, your rights and protections remain with your data. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal information protect it
How we secure personal information
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Information collected is encrypted and stored in a secure environment, however security cannot be guaranteed against all threats. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
For example: Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
Training for employees and contractors
- We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions (Vendor risk management).
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
We do not sell personal information collected through this site, disclose your information to other companies and suppliers or use your personal information for any other purposes than those stated above. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to this statement, please contact us.
How long we keep personal information
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited only retains personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
Your right to access and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
- Access to personal information: If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by using the “Contact Us” on our website
Links and connections to third-party services
Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited provides software solutions for professionals, and our Services are generally not aimed at children. If, however, we collect and use information about children, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
How to contact us
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about this Statement or our privacy practices or may wish to file a complaint. Please feel free to contact us: Amie Taal, Stratagem Tech Solutions Limited, 22 Priestleys, Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 5QJ. Tel: 07949 872 199